I just had a few questions that I had about teaching english in Korea.
I've been looking on the internet for info on teaching and have a couple questions...
1. what exactly do I need? Tesol, Tefl? I am located in Vancouver, British Columbia. Canada.
2. I have found many schools which gives you a certificate(ie. Internet schooling, community college)... does it really matter which school I goto?
I am currently free, should I just finish it in 1 month?
3. I have heard many stories of people simply going to asia, then finding a job without certificates. They say there are "ways around it" concerning certificates, diplomas, degrees etc... is this common?
4. I am a Canadian born Korean (hardly speak Korean). Does this give me a better or worse chance at finding a job in Seoul?
5. I am ready to start today. Whats the fastest way to get my qualifications?
6. Is it possible to get the certification in asia? If so, would this be a good idea? cheaper in asia?
sorry for the huge list of questions... I'm sure i've missed something
I am just excited and hope to be teaching soon.
Please send me all your recommendations or advice if you have any at all.
Thanks in advance.