By observing these Rules and Guidelines you help make the TEFL Forums interesting and helpful for all. Thank you for your participation.
1. English is the accepted language of these forums.
2. As soon as possible after registration, please try to make at least one post. User accounts with zero posts are liable to be closed without warning.
3. Company names or acronyms thereof, domain names and email addresses are not permitted for usernames. Multiple usernames are not allowed.
4. The posting of spam or commercial links is not permitted. Genuinely useful and relevant ELT-related links are permitted in posts by established members. In your profile, you may set up a signature (including one link to an ELT-related site) that will be displayed below all your future posts. Substantive posts are welcomed, but please do not abuse the signature or linking facility by making non-substantive posts simply to have your signature/link displayed.
5. Respect the decision of moderators. If your post is deleted or edited by a moderator please do not make more posts questioning or abusing that moderator.
6. Do not send offensive Private Messages or email to moderators or other users.
a. Topics: Please start new Topics in the appropriate Forum. If there is no Forum for your Topic, post it in the General Discussion Forum. Give your Topic a meaningful subject line (one that describes your Topic). Topics in the wrong forum will be moved or deleted.
b. Posts: Please do not add off-topic Posts. Make sure your post is about the Topic.
c. Please preview and proofread your post. Misspellings and grammatical errors can make posts difficult to understand. However, English is not necessarily the first language of all members so don't waste space correcting other members' posts unnecessarily.
d. Although we monitor the forums closely, we cannot always review the contents of each and every post. Messages posted express the views of the poster and not necessarily the views of Teflnet. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. If you feel that a post is objectionable, please contact us using the report function.
e. If you are posting a complaint about a school or TEFL course provider, you need to include for publication your real name and the dates when you worked for or trained with the organization. Negative posts of this sort without your name and dates will not be published.
f. Please do not make personal attacks on named individuals.
g. If you are asking a question, please write shorter rather than longer posts. Come to the point. Long, rambling posts with one or two questions buried in them are unlikely to receive many if any answers.
h. We reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time.