getting a job without a degree

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions

Moderator: Joe

frannie

getting a job without a degree

Unread post by frannie »

hi there i will be starting a trinity tesol course this year and am wondering about the possibilities of getting work as an efl teacher in the uk? if anyone knows about where you can find work without a degree or has any advice i would really appreciate it thankyou, frannie
ICAL_Pete
Top Contributor

Unread post by ICAL_Pete »

I’m afraid finding employment in the UK without a degree is not going to be easy. The UK is a highly competitive market for ESL teachers. Your Trinity TESOL Cert is definitely going to be a plus but most schools require a Degree and often teaching experience on top of a Cert.

These schools might also favor a Degree or Diploma from one college (or country) but not another (regardless of the content of these courses). Some employers insist on a traditional on-campus certificate course whilst others recognize the value of online certificates issued by a professional organization.

Basically, requirements vary from school to school so it might be worth making a list of the schools in the area where you'd like to work and contact them to see exactly what their hiring criteria are.