Marketing/Business vocabulary list.

Discussion on teaching Business English

Moderator: Joe

Seang

Marketing/Business vocabulary list.

Unread post by Seang »

Hello, I'm very new to TEFL and most of its approaches and methods. I have a friend (from Hong Kong) on Facebook who has kindly made me a group up, so i can teach myself and them (Hopefully) at the same time.

They are all at different levels, so i find it very rewarding and informative. My approach as its just writing and reading is to send them emails with information i find off the internet about what we are learning and then in the group for an hour a day revise it.

I have a particular student who's English is fairly good and would like some vocabulary help on business English "Marketing/Advertising" as he works in the printing industry.

I have searched endlessly for a good website, which i can get a good list of vocabulary and explanations to help him out and any links would help me a lot.

I'm very new to all this and any corrections on my own writing skills would be very much appreciated also.

Thanks in advance :),
Sean
josef
Admin

Re: Marketing/Business vocabulary list.

Unread post by josef »

The following page has some vocabulary in those two areas and some related ones. Not much, but may help:
http://www.englishclub.com/business-eng ... bulary.htm
Seang

Unread post by Seang »

Thanks for your quick reply Josef, although i have gave him this list and he has asked if there is and more i can help him with. Any info on books i may need to get would be appreciated also.
Alex Case
Top Contributor

Unread post by Alex Case »

English for Marketing and Advertising, Oxford University Press, is probably the most popular self-study book on this topic.
Seang

Unread post by Seang »

Thanks Guys.
pichiquin

Unread post by pichiquin »

I've had the same problem finding vocabulary for a variety of business English topics. Here is a page I created with advertising vocabulary and discussion questions. I included another page with brands vocabulary and discussion questions that I created.

http://pichiquin.hubpages.com/hub/Busin ... verstising

http://pichiquin.hubpages.com/hub/Busin ... ses-Brands

There are links to some other vocabulary/discussion business English lessons I created at the bottom.
grymsfing

Unread post by grymsfing »

Seang wrote: 19 May 2012, 00:52 Hello, I'm very new to TEFL and most of its approaches and methods. I have a friend (from Hong Kong) on Facebook who has kindly made me a group up, so i can teach myself and them (Hopefully) at the same time.

They are all at different levels, so i find it very rewarding and informative. My approach as its just writing and reading is to send them emails with information i find off the internet about what we are learning and then in the group for an hour a day revise it.

I have a particular student who's English is fairly good and would like some vocabulary help on business English "Marketing/Advertising" as he works in the printing industry.

I have searched endlessly for a good website, which i can get a good list of vocabulary and explanations to help him out and any links would help me a lot.

I'm very new to all this and any corrections on my own writing skills would be very much appreciated also.

Thanks in advance :),
Sean
Great discussion on education tools! Have you considered custom software development for more tailored solutions? It can empower teaching methodologies uniquely to your needs. This article offers valuable insights: how custom software development can benefit your business – definitely worth a read for forward-thinking educators!