Business English Teaching ?

Discussion on teaching Business English

Moderator: Joe

clouthier

Business English Teaching ?

Unread post by clouthier »

Hello everyone!

Since (as you probably already know) I am pretty new to this game, I would like to ask a question to all of you out there: Since I just received my Business English Teaching (BE) certificate (arrived by mail this morning), I am wondering how the market is for this kind of subject? Does an ongoing demand exists among the language schools or is it possible to teach business studies at an ordinary Thai school?

Spontaneously, I would apply to Siam Computer or something like that. However, since I haven’t got a clue where to apply, I thought that the “almighty ajarn forum” may help me =)
Philipches

Re: Business English Teaching ?

Unread post by Philipches »

Hey Clouthier,
Are you planning to teach in the USA or abroad? I am not sure of the demand within the US, but I know that in other countries business English has a high demand. I live in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and only teach business English to employees. Depending on the market, you can also make some pretty good money.
Not sure if you have business English teaching material. If not, check out my company's website http://www.englishkey.com We have many open source content, so you can use all of that content online for free.
Also, if you are looking to do mock interviews with your students, check out a English teaching hobby project I have been working on. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxuARm ... rW_E1N-UlQ This basically goes through each interview question and gives the interviewee tips on how to perform better. Also good for teachers. Hope this has helped. -Philip
Dieter

Unread post by Dieter »

Teaching Business English is an ESL niche that focuses on business terminology and related topics as well as corporate culture. It is often taught onsite to employees of large companies, but you could even teach private English classes or teach Business English online.
johanet812

Unread post by johanet812 »

clouthier wrote: 17 May 2012, 12:02 Hello everyone!

Since (as you probably already know) I am pretty new to this game, I would like to ask a question to all of you out there: Since I just received my Business English Teaching (BE) certificate (arrived by mail this morning), I am wondering how the market is for this kind of subject? Does an ongoing demand exists among the language schools or is it possible to teach business studies at an ordinary Thai school?

Spontaneously, I would apply to Siam Computer or something like that. However, since I haven’t got a clue where to apply, I thought that the “almighty ajarn forum” may help me =)
Quite a few things are in the market right now for business English. There's now a more apparent difference between traditional businesses and online businesses. Basically, commerce vs e-commerce.

You now have more complex subjects for online businesses like social media marketing, online contracts, and cross-border laws for international e-commerce ventures. Quite a handful to teach, but much harder to learn!
kellanfarday

Unread post by kellanfarday »

How did you plan out your e-commerce and soc-med classes? I'm going to teach Taiwanese students a product development and an e-commerce 101 crash course during the summer and would appreciate any tips! I'm currently using and reading up on blogposts like this-but any other material recommendations are highly appreciated.

p.s., I'm fine with any e-books on kindle, I'm a little bit wary of physical books though because I'm already tight on space in my apartment. TIA!
PerkinsS

Unread post by PerkinsS »

Teaching Business English is an ESL niche that focuses on business terminology and related topics as well as corporate culture. It is often taught onsite to employees of large companies, but you could even teach private English classes or teach Business English online