Tefl course Barcelona

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

Linda

Tefl course Barcelona

Unread post by Linda »

I am hoping to live in Barcelona next year and was thinking of doing my Tefl course at the International House. Does anyone know whether the course is as good as it says it is there? It would be more expensive to do the course there but I figure that I may have a better chance of a job in the city if I did my course there.

Does anyone have any ideas? Any help to do with tefl courses would be great for me at the moment as it is all just a dream at the moment while I am in Peru!

Do people usuallu get jobs on completion?

Thanks,

Linda
Lindylou

TEFL course Barcelona

Unread post by Lindylou »

Hi Linda. I am English and have lived in Málaga, Spain for two years. The international House CELTA course is said to be excellent. It is expensive and very intensive, but well respected. Most larger "proper" schools in Spain ask for the applicants to be CELTA or Trinity certified. Some smaller schools may accept less, but you should check that out in the locality you want to teach. Personally I found myself private teaching work on a one-to-one basis here with Spanish, Danish and Bulgarian students by word of mouth. I have an adult training certificate gained in UK and plan to take the CELTA certificate in Seville early next year. Barcelona is too far away from me, but a vibrant and beautiful city. IH is one of the training providers I am considering. I know they are well known and respected world wide. Good luck with your dream, I hope it becomes reality. :D
Remember, it takes a little rain as well as sunshine to make a rainbow.