CELTA provider feedback

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

eeriksso

CELTA provider feedback

Unread post by eeriksso »

Hello,
I have a BA in English and an MBA, both from American universities. I have been an IT consultant and project manager for the past 20 years and am now transitioning to be a TEFL teacher. I live in California and would like to study in England and be open to most of Europe for teaching opportunities. I've been browsing the web for a while and am having difficulty parsing through all of the 4-week residential CELTA offerings. How do I know which ones are good? Would someone be kind enough to suggest a few providers? I would really appreciate it. Since the curriculum sounds intense I'm thinking something outside of a major city might be better than inside. Cambridge maybe?

Thank you,
Edward
Joe
Admin

Re: CELTA provider feedback

Unread post by Joe »

The short answer is, if it's a genuine CELTA course, they're all good. Cambridge monitor the quality of the schools and courses. You can check for genuine CELTA courses on Cambridge's CELTA site.

Given that the quality of the courses is standardized, things that might decide you would be incidentals like location and accommodation.

Cambridge as a location is never a bad choice.
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :? " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
jamy123

Re: CELTA provider feedback

Unread post by jamy123 »

The short answer is, if it's a genuine CELTA course, they're all good. Cambridge monitor the quality of the schools and courses. You can check for genuine CELTA courses on Cambridge's CELTA site.
You can check out our latest 117-101 dump exams written by our certified teams to help you pass exam.