Cheap CELTAs

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Susan

davidsmith
Registered Member

Cheap CELTAs

Unread postby davidsmith » 30 May 2014, 13:57

The more I look, the more I don't understand. There are CELTAs on offer throughout the world, but some of them seem to be overpriced. Some of them start at $2500 without accommodation, and others, like the one I just found in Budweiser CZ, $1250. Is it just the location or are there other factors involved. I thought all CELTAs were supposed to be the same! Any ideas?

charlie103
Registered Member

Re: Cheap CELTAs

Unread postby charlie103 » 18 Jun 2015, 10:27

It is confusing, I guess it must depend on the length, the location and the time of the year of the course.
I found a good deal with this company, Cactus : http://tinyurl.com/pzjyjhr

Awalls86
Gold Member

Re: Cheap CELTAs

Unread postby Awalls86 » 18 Jun 2015, 18:26

I believe that the centres all pay the same to Cambridge to run the course, and can obviously set prices as they see fit, but that doesn't mean it's pure profiteering. Different centres will incur different costs to provide the course. Some may have to bring in tutors from other countries. You should get the same course however, and the same benefits. I did mine in the UK, but if you're going to do it in-country, I'd recommend doing it in the country you plan to work. The colleagues from your course may be very handy in making connections in your new country and accessing opportunities (as I've seen from colleagues in China).

Return to “Teacher Training Discussion”