Online TEFL

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

oclinton

Online TEFL

Unread post by oclinton »

Hi,
Has anybody tried the online TEFL course with WLS and if so how did you get on with the course.
HenryTeach

Unread post by HenryTeach »

Who are WLS? I've never heard of them before. Are they newcomers to the business?
oclinton

Unread post by oclinton »

The company is in Dublin called Words Language Services who offer a 100 hr TEFL online course. I would like to know if anyone has done a course with them or received a certification from them.
laurel

TEFL Online

Unread post by laurel »

Hello! I just wanted to recommend taking a course that isn't online. Most employers do not recognize online courses, and you will have a very hard time finding work . :cry:

I took my tefl course in Prague at TEFL Worldwide Prague http://www.teflworldwideprague.com and I really enjoyed it! The course was extremely informative and we taught Czech students on a regular basis. Working with real people from elementary to upper intermediate levels is excellent preparation for teaching that you can't get online. If you are interested in coming to Europe, Prague is a beautiful place and a great starting point for your first teaching job! :lol:
HenryTeach

Unread post by HenryTeach »

Firstly some online courses are well accepted by many employers so it's simply not true to say "Most employers do not recognize online courses, and you will have a very hard time finding work."

Secondly I'm not sure about WLS. Their website doesn't impress me and looks very amateruish which, for an online provider, might be perceived as saying something about their online skills.

Have they moved into the market following their forays into translation? Who knows?

IMHO I'd look around a little further.