Seeking some professional development

Discussion about courses, qualifications and teacher training. Please do not advertise TEFL courses here.

Moderator: Susan

Seeking some professional development

Unread postby PNEYorkshire » 20 May 2013, 13:38

Hello all :)

My name is Chris and I've been teaching in Budapest since January. I obtained my CELTA there in July last year and this is my first job teaching English.

I'm looking to move on from Budapest at the end of summer and have been considering doing some further study/development in order to improve myself as a teacher. Prior to the CELTA I had had no English language or teaching experience whatsoever. I spent some time between my CELTA finishing and January brushing up as best I could and I have taken on board a lot whilst I've been teaching. However, I still feel like I would benefit from some additional training/education to improve myself as a teacher and also would like to understand my profession better as a matter of personal interest.

Can anyone recommend anything I could look towards? I've looked at various distance Masters programmes (which are out of my price range) and obviously there is the DELTA (I think it's too early in my career for that).

Any help would be very much appreciated :)
PNEYorkshire
Registered Member

Return to Teacher Training Discussion