Which Month to do the CELTA?

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

pinkorchid

Which Month to do the CELTA?

Unread post by pinkorchid »

Hello everyone

Well i have recently been accepted on a CELTA course in Spain. But i really can't decided when to do it!

I want to get the timing correct so i can be in the best position to get work.

There is a course in April (finishes mid May) and May (finishes end of June) and they are 4 weeks long.

Please can someone offer my some advice as i need to make my decision pretty soon.

Thanks

:)
kaithegreene
Rising Star

Re: Which Month to do the CELTA?

Unread post by kaithegreene »

Hi pinkorchid,

It depends a bit on where in Spain - if it's in the south then the earlier course might be better simply because it won't be so hot! CELTA is intensive enough without struggling with high temperatures.

Both courses will leave you ready for summerschool jobs, although again, because employers have already started advertising summer school jobs maybe the earlier course would put you in the better position.

Good luck, and enjoy your course!
pinkorchid

Unread post by pinkorchid »

Thank you!

Yes it is in the south of Spain in Seville!! So it will be really hot in july!!

Are there many opportunities for summer schools? I don't want to be struggling after my course and i don't really want to have to come back to the uk and then head out again for September as many people say most of the jobs come out then.

Will mid May not be too early??
Thegoom

Unread post by Thegoom »

Hi pinkorchid,

I´m new here and interested in taking a Celta course in Seville. I would like to know where you have been accepted and how your experiences have been so far.

Thank you.