Seeking advice re career and training

Discussion about courses, qualifications and teacher training. Please do not advertise TEFL courses here.

Moderator: Susan

Seeking advice re career and training

Unread postby markone » 04 Apr 2012, 20:15

Hello

I'm looking for some advice regarding TEFL training. My partner and i are looking for a career change and have been looking into training for a career teaching English, but we have a few queries and seem to be finding conflicting advice depending on where we look. We are thinking of doing a course with TEFL England - 120 hours training, online and classroom with some classroom teaching (although only to other TEFL students, i believe). Is this any good or does it have to be the CELTA type qualification? Also, i do not have a degree although my partner does, i know some countries will not accept applications without one. We are considering getting qualified and then maybe getting some work in the UK (we're both English) and then moving on to France. After getting some experience there we may consider travelling to Asia, possibly Indonesia. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
markone
Registered Member

Return to Teacher Training Discussion