Part time CELTA

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

Bondero

Part time CELTA

Unread post by Bondero »

Hello everyone.

I have decided for reasons of sanity that I would prefer to take the longer, part time CELTA course.

I note that there has been some discussion relating to courses and good information too, but my preference is for a school in Spain. I have sent an email to International House in Seville but they seem a little tardy in responding.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks in advance.
Alex Case
Top Contributor

Re: Part time CELTA

Unread post by Alex Case »

The Cambridge site lists 11 CELTA centres in Spain, though there is no easy way of working out which ones have PT courses, you'll just have to look at each site.

The part-time CELTA is almost always taken by people who are still working. Can you support yourself for 3 months in Spain, and what will you do with the rest of your time??
Bondero

Re: Part time CELTA

Unread post by Bondero »

Thanks for the response. Having now done my homework and received the some responses from various centres, it would seem that the only real prospect of a part time option in Spain is in Madrid. The new online CELTA, however, would seem to offer a good deal of flexibility equal or exceeding that of the part time course.

To answer your questions; I can support myself and indeed my family for 3 months in Spain and my time would be spent enjoying life instead of wasting my time working!

All things considered I will probably go for the course in Seville as a full time student and just try to prepare really well.