DELTA/TESOL Diploma

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

Ely

DELTA/TESOL Diploma

Unread post by Ely »

Hi.

I'm interested in getting a Diploma, already have CTEFLA (CELTA) and 10 years teaching experience.

The problem is, I live in Japan & don't have the time to return to England to take the DELTA course. So I think distance learning is the best. But, even through distance learning DELTA, you have to return to England for two weeks or so to teach observed/graded lessons which I also don't have the time or financial resources for. So, I'm thinking the TESOL Diploma is the next best thing as it's cheaper and doesn't require lessons observed/graded.

Has anyone taken the TESOL Diploma distance course? Or even the DELTA distance course? How was it for you? I mean, how did you get on with it? How do you rate the TESOL Diploma? Did you have to have observed lessons, or not?

Any advice or info is greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Ely.
Ely

Unread post by Ely »

Hello?

Anyone out there?!

:?:
Danyah

Diploma TESOL

Unread post by Danyah »

Hi
I did a diploma which was totally on line from the London Teacher Training College in the UK.Their web site is lttc@teachenglish.co.uk It was pretty good alot of interesting information. And the diploma cert.doesn't say online,You also get a tutor who you can e-mail questions to although mine wasn't much help if you do enrole with them don't have penny wilson as a tutor. I hope this helps you. Danyah :D

LTTC

Unread post by Guest »

Danyah,
I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the combined diploma in TEFL and Business English with LTTC. Did you feel better prepared after taking this, i.e., able to assess new students, prepare lessons, teach the four skills, test progress, etc.? I'd love to have your words of wisdom. Thanks so much.
Elizabeth