Starting out - a few questions

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

Alexander

Starting out - a few questions

Unread post by Alexander »

Hi,

My name is Alexander. I'm 20, British, and I've just completed an English degree. I am looking to complete a Trinity College TEFL course, and go abroad to teach English (looking at Singapore, Thailand, Greece and many other places, but haven't decided yet!)

I had a few questions. Firstly, is the Trinity College TEFL course difficult to get onto? I understand that there is an interview, but are there any other requirements apart from good conversational English?

Secondly, once I have the qualification, how do I actually go about getting a job abroad? Are there websites with jobs advertised? If so, are there any other ways of doing it?

Thirdly, Trinity College TEFL FAQ page says that job prospects afterwards are very good, and that many people go straight into a job after qualifying . . . but they WOULD say that! Is this actually the case?

Thank-you for your time!
Alexander Page
Alex Case
Top Contributor

Re: Starting out - a few questions

Unread post by Alex Case »

Graduating at 20? Well done!

No, it's not difficult to get on. Yes, websites is the way nowadays. Yes, it is easy to get a job as long as you are flexible about location and are willing to live like a student for the first couple of years.