TEFL course in Argentina

Discussion about courses, qualifications and teacher training. Please do not advertise TEFL courses here.

Moderator: Susan

TEFL course in Argentina

Unread postby joskesk » 30 Mar 2011, 02:28

hola!

I'm from Belgium but have been living in Argentina for over a year now. In December I quit my job and since that moment I've been on and off looking for a new job. Since my education isn't very useful in this respect I was thinking of becoming an English teacher. The last week I've been looking for courses and contacting different TEFL schools. I do however find it difficult to trust just a webpage and since the courses aren't that cheap I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Does anyone know a good school in Buenos Aires? I can just find one with a CELTA certification and none with the Trinity TESOL certification.
Are there any other relevant certifications? I read a lot about the British Council but it isn't very clear to me what they exactly do. Unfortunately they didn't answer my email asking them for some guidance. On the pages of a school I saw something about 'ascentis'. Can this be trusted?

thanks to anyone helping me out here :-)
joskesk
Registered Member

Return to Teacher Training Discussion