Celta Course and Police Caution

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

Bluey

Celta Course and Police Caution

Unread post by Bluey »

Hi,

I am currently considering applying for a CELTA course with a view to teach English in Italy. I have an English degree in English Literature and come from a family of teachers. However, 4 years ago (I am now 25), I was cautioned for affray after protecting my friend who was being attacked in the street. My part in the whole incident was minimal but I thought the best course of action would be to accept the caution rather than risking going to court. The caution does not count as an 'actual' criminal conviction and only appears on Enhanced CRB checks. I was wondering if this would stop me from teaching in Italy? I have worked in a Sixth form college in a student support role in the past (16-19 year olds) and did not seem to have any problems with regards to the caution. Is someone could offer any advice on my situation it would be much appreciated. Thanks! :)
josef
Admin

Re: Celta Course and Police Caution

Unread post by josef »

If a former UK prime minister and his wife can both carry on working after both being caught fare dodging on separate occasions on public railways then I'm quite sure you can teach in Europe after being given a mere caution some years ago over a trivial incident that didn't go to court.