CELTA course?

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

jonford

CELTA course?

Unread post by jonford »

I'm very interested in doing a CELTA course, but as someone who wants to go overseas and work, probably in schools to start with, is a CELTA course neccessary being a course aimed at the teaching of adults?
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: CELTA course?

Unread post by systematic »

Hi, CELTA is a course for teaching adults. Do take a moment to check out all the other threads on this board to get more opinion about CELTA, what it's for, and where and why it might or might not be required.. You can do this by entering CELTA in the search box above.
systematic
Top Contributor

I should have added to the above, that while CELTA is in fact a course for teaching adults, and although it can be extended to a Young Learner's course (for more money of course), it's generally accepted in the industry that if you have a CELTA, you can teach anybody.
wasabi

Unread post by wasabi »

I would go with a TRINITY course if I were you as I had a poor experience on a CELTA course with Language Link in London and CELTA were not helpful at resolving it.
systematic
Top Contributor

Sorry to hear that you had a bad time on your CELTA course. It's extremely rare to hear any thing negative about it. However, there's no such place as 'CELTA' if you wish to complain. You should take the matter up with the course provider.