Courses that place none degree candidates

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

Minklily

Courses that place none degree candidates

Unread post by Minklily »

Hello Lucy,
I am a 27 year old professional living in the UK. I am very very keen to get into TEFL teaching, hopefully in Thailand but am struggling to find a course that will place me as I do not have a degree. I have worked for 7 years in a field that has enabled me to have the skills that would make me a perfect candidate to teach over seas. I have experience of training, teaching and metoring in a professional setting so would love to get an oppertunity that mirrors my work. I regret not doing a degree when I was younger but work took over.

I would be ever so grateful if you could give me some advice.

Many Thanks
Danni
Lucy
Top Contributor

Re: Courses that place none degree candidates

Unread post by Lucy »

Hello Danni,

You'll need to do your homework very carefully on this one. It's impossible to teach in some countries without a degree. In some places, it's a government requirement, so you just can't get around it without your employer breaking the law! You'll need to find out about this before you choose which country or countries you will focus on for your job applications. Looking at job ads and contacting consulates would be a good place to start.

With your professional experience and your positive attitude, I'm sure you'll find something suitable.

I'm copying the question into an open forum so that other members can tell you about their experiences.

Lucy