IH CELTA Thailand

Discussion about courses, qualifications and teacher training. Please do not advertise TEFL courses here.

Moderator: Susan

IH CELTA Thailand

Unread postby ZombiesAhead » 03 Mar 2010, 22:10

I'm an American university grad with some high-school-level teaching experience. I'm interested in spending a year or so taking a CELTA course and teaching in SE Asia starting in the next few months.

I'm pretty set on International House as everyone says it's the best. I don't really care where in Thailand I take the course (Bangkok/Chiang Mai/Phuket) - should I be? Does anyone have input on whether it is worth it to take advantage of IH's accommodations packages? Anything else I should know about IH Thailand before I pull the trigger?
ZombiesAhead
Registered Member

Re: IH CELTA Thailand

Unread postby systematic » 06 Mar 2010, 10:30

IH Chiang Mai is excellent and it's run by an old friend of mine, who was the University of Cambridge ESOL director for Asia for many many years before he retired from Cambridge two years ago. Beautiful setting too, in a purpose built resort on a lake in the mountains.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.

Return to Teacher Training Discussion