ELT project request to visit teacher's classroom in London

Discussion about courses, qualifications and teacher training. Please do not advertise TEFL courses here.

Moderator: Susan

ELT project request to visit teacher's classroom in London

Unread postby laurenamil » 09 Feb 2010, 15:05

I am currently in my final year of Language and Communication studies with ELT, undergraduate degree, at University. During this semester I need to research and investigate a topic for an English language teaching project. I am interested in the differences and similarities of classroom organisation and activities of Native speaking English teachers and Non native speaker English teachers. I would like to do a case study of each type of teacher, this would involve visiting and observing each of their normal ESOL/EFL lessons possibly on two occasions and possibly holding a short interview with each participant, to gain knowledge of their teaching background.

Would anyone be interested in taking part?? Or could you reccomend any language schools based in London, for me to visit.
laurenamil
Registered Member

Re: ELT project request to visit teacher's classroom in London

Unread postby systematic » 10 Feb 2010, 11:24

What I would do - but as my signature states, you don't have to follow my advice ;) - would be to Google for the schools and make a list of the ones you think an introduction from your professor, tutor, or course coordinator should do the trick.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.

Re: ELT project request to visit teacher's classroom in London

Unread postby laurenamil » 11 Feb 2010, 17:28

Thank you for your reply - although we have now emailed approx 30 + schools in London and south east england. three weeks later no replies. I have called 10 schools so far, unfortunately I am not getting very far and have a deadline to meet, this final yr is quite stressful.

are you working in the UK by any chance?!? lol.

but seriously anyone that may be interested I would not disturb your classroom - and it would only require a meeting with me twice!!
laurenamil
Registered Member

Return to Teacher Training Discussion