I already have US esl certification

Discussion about courses, qualifications and teacher training. Please do not advertise TEFL courses here.

Moderator: Susan

I already have US esl certification

Unread postby bushbruc » 15 Sep 2009, 00:49

Hi, I already teach ESL in the Maryland public schools and have ESL certification here. What would it take for me to get international TEFL certification? Can I just transfer it? Thanks. Bruce
Registered Member
Posts: 1
Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 00:41
Status: Teacher

Re: I already have US esl certification

Unread postby systematic » 20 Sep 2009, 08:57

There is no such thing as an international TESOL certificate - it's just a word the course providers use. However, if your current certificate is issued by a well known TESOL course provider, you should have no problem in getting it accepted worldwide.
Even better would be a certificate issued by a state authority. A state teacher licence would be excellent, but some countries may require a certified translation of it for visa and/or work permit applications.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.
Thailand TESOL forum
Posts: 528
Joined: 21 Apr 2008, 13:38
Location: UK, France, & Thailand
Status: Other

Return to Teacher Training Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 17 guests