help please

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

stephanie

help please

Unread post by stephanie »

Hi guys,

I'm a native English speaker and I have just recently finished my degree in Psychology and my MSc in Health Psychology here in the UK. I am seriously considering taking the TEFL course here in the UK at the price of One Hundred and ninety five pounds and try to find paid teaching work in Thailand. Is there anyone here who has done this before? Is it as simple as that?

Thanks

S
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: help please

Unread post by systematic »

Hi Stephanie and welcome to the board.
This forum will provide answers to all you questions:
http://www.tefl.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=11
Do check it out, and if you post your next question there you will be sure to get lots of help.
stephanie wrote:... One Hundred and ninety five pounds and try to find paid teaching work in Thailand.
For £200 you should be able to find an excellent TESOL course from a provider with a good reputation.
stephanie wrote: Is there anyone here who has done this before?
There are many reports on this board from people who have done TEFL courses - do check them out.
stephanie wrote: Is it as simple as that?
Thailand was for many years one of the major destinations for 'TEFFLERS' However, the salaries are now among the lowest in the region, and the government is constantly introducing new regulations that make it increasingly difficult to meet Work Permit requirements. If you can fulfill all the requirements it's easy. Average salaries are about 30,000 baht / month (£600), but if you persevere, you could get double that in a good private school.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.