Too many TEFLs

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

bean

Too many TEFLs

Unread post by bean »

Hi there,

I am living in South Africa and am currently trying to decide which TEFL course to do in order to teach English in China. There are a number of language schools in my area which offer TEFL certificates and they all seem to be fairly similar eg 100hrs, similar pricing etc. I am not interested in doing an online course. I have been in contact with English First (EF) who have schools in China and therefore their TEFL course is tailored to suite their curriculum and teaching methods. This will increase my chances of getting employment within the EF organisation, but will it limit my employability with other schools?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: Too many TEFLs

Unread post by systematic »

EF schools are individual franchised businesses and the EF franchising sales organisation exercises very little control over the way the schools operate once they have successfully concluded the sale of a franchise.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.