MASTERS IN TEFL at FUNIBER

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

rsween

MASTERS IN TEFL at FUNIBER

Unread post by rsween »

Seriously thinking of doing a masters in tefl. I live in spain so I thought that doing a distance Ma here would be handier and cheaper. FUNIBER offer one through the uni of Jaen but I´m noy sure if it´s recognised throughout europe. can anyone help me out?
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: MASTERS IN TEFL at FUNIBER

Unread post by systematic »

On first glance, judging by the poor quality of the English on the FUNIBER website, one gets the impression it is either a degree mill, or a web portal for degree mills.

It may not be, but on a second glance, the fact that they are unable to provide a street address awakes concern.

On a third glance, the fact that they have 17 headquarters is certainly suspicious. No organisation can have more than one headquarters :D

Fourthly, the website is exceptionally poorly made - certainly not quite up to the standard of the websites of established universities.

And finally, there is no proof that any of the hundreds of logos of sponsors and associated institutions are genuine.

As I said, there may be no reason for concern, but do some more background research, and hopefully get some feedback from someone who has done one of their courses, and ask a few prestige employers, such as the British Council, if they would accept the FUNIBER degree.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.
rsween

Unread post by rsween »

Thanks a lot for taking the time to inform me about what you think of the FUNIBER masters. I should have mentioned that the masters is awarded by the uni. of Jaen. Anyway, I´ve sent out a few feelers to see if it would be accepted by well- known tefl employers. Got a feeling that your suspicions may be right. Thanks again. Richard.
systematic
Top Contributor

Unread post by systematic »

Thanks for the kind words - we are here to help.
Yes, I know that the degrees are awarded by Jaen - this is where you would need to check that prospective employers would accept their degree.
Don't hesitate to ask if you need more information.

Regards,
Systematic
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.
Thais

Unread post by Thais »

Hello!

Well about FUNIBER, I can tell you, the 25 headquarters are located in several countries with the intention to offer all the presential support to our students. All the addresses can be located under this url: http://www.funiber.us/who-we-are/our-headquarters/

I and suggest you to talk with other students in the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Guayaquil ... 469&ref=ts

And we'll have in mind you suggestions.

Thanks!