Online TEFL Certification Question

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

MajinReid

Online TEFL Certification Question

Unread post by MajinReid »

Hello all, I’m new to these boards. I’m going to be trying out for the JET Program after I graduate next year and wanted to have some grounds for teaching English as a foreign language. I’ve been looking into online TEFL certification but haven’t found anywhere with opinions on which online certification websites are the best for actual knowledge gained, and I’m a little worried about scam sites. I know what everybody says about online certification, but it’s what I want to do regardless (for time, money, and distance restraints).

So if anyone has ever done an online TEFL certification course or has any information about one, it would be highly appreciated. I have read the posts already here, :roll: but most of the replies don't say much other than from representatives of the online TEFL courses. Though, they are still helpful.

Thanks for your time. ^^
Rina

Re: Online TEFL Certification Question

Unread post by Rina »

Hi MadjinReid,
I've done an online certification. For more detail please send me mail.

gudrun.korn@english-corner.de

Kerry
ICAL_Pete
Top Contributor

Unread post by ICAL_Pete »

For first hand feedback on the ICAL online TESL/TEFL Certificate courses you might like to check the ICAL Forums and see what current and ex ICAL students say about their studies with ICAL.

Hope this helps
systematic
Top Contributor

Unread post by systematic »

Hi Majin

I was going to fire away with one of my warnings about scams, but you should check out ICALpete page about accreditation, because unlike my somewhat milder TESOL Scam Warning, he gets straight to the quick. Nevertheless, there are two opinions and warnings for you, and beware particularly of organisations that claim to be the largest worldwide, or that use the word international in their name. Closer examination of some institutes will reveal also that some are just one, which makes itself look big by publishing dozens of worldwide web sites for fictitious branches, and as Pete says, some may even be operating out of a bedroom.
Thailand appears to be the epicentre of TESOL course scams - check out latest reports on this Thai TESOL forum.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.