Argentina and online TEFL course??

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

mscandia

Argentina and online TEFL course??

Unread post by mscandia »

I want to work in Argentina and I will have the following qualifications when I attempt to find work.
U.S. Teaching liscence Elementary/K-8 Spanish
B.A. English Lit & Spanish Studies
2.5 years working as educational assistant in Spanish Immersion elementary school.
TESL tutoring experience
2 years recreation work with elementary aged students
Native English speaker
10 years private music instructor

I only have time to take an online TEFL course. Is it worth it to take one of these? I also might try to find work at an international school (elementary). Will I be able to find steady work with my qualifications?
ICAL_Pete
Top Contributor

Re: Argentina and online TEFL course??

Unread post by ICAL_Pete »

In South America the standard minimum requirements are a BA plus a TESL/TEFL Cert. and/or experience.

You résumé ticks all the right boxes. You already have a BA and experience so adding a TESL/TEFL Certificate to it will undoubtedly make you more marketable.

Online courses are a good option particularly if you have a limited budget to further your studies or if you have other work and/or family commitments that restrict the amount of time you have available to study.
travelgirl9

Re: Argentina and online TEFL course??

Unread post by travelgirl9 »

Hiya,

I did an online TEFL course with i-to-i. I wasn't sure where I would end up teaching when I took it because I was going to be travelling to quite a few place. But laura, the girl i spoke to, was really helpful. She put me in touch with some past students who are now working abroad, one of which i've now met in person. I'm in Vietnam, but i'm sure if you did oen you wouldn't struggle to find a job. You could always give them a ring to talk it through, i'm sure the girl i spoke to would be just as helpful for you.

Hope that helps.