Language Link in Russia????

Discussion about courses, qualifications and teacher training. Please do not advertise TEFL courses here.

Moderator: Susan

Language Link in Russia????

Unread postby Tyson » 02 Apr 2008, 11:32

I have been looking to get my TEFL cert and I have read about a lot of different programs, some online, some on traditional campuses, some on weekend courses.
I seem to like the TEFL international course best so far, its a 4 week program with classes starting monthly and they have offices all over the world. I live in BC, Canada now, and I think it would be amazing to be able to go get TEFL certified in Alexandria, Egypt.

Im just wondering if this would be a good way to go for someone without a degree like myself. Im thinking it would be a lot better to do a real course in another country to really get the feel for what teaching TEFL would be like.

Im also wondering just how easy or hard it will be to find a job after I get certified. I have done a lot of research and it seems like I shouldnt have too much trouble finding work in Russia without a degree (language link)

Although Im just worried I might get stuck in a situation where I won't be able to find work

Any and all info and advice would be Greatly appreciated

Thanks
Tyson
Registered Member

Re: Language Link in Russia????

Unread postby Tyson » 03 Apr 2008, 04:18

So I got in touch with the director of Language link in Russia and it turns out they actually offer a PAID teacher intern program where you would train for you TEFL cert in a 2 week paid intern program, upon successful completion of the program you would be offer a job with a 9 month contract in Russia. This program does Not require any college or university degrees and it seems to be Exactly what I am looking for.

Im just wondering if anyone has any experience with Language Link in Russia or anywhere else? Are they a good company to work for?

I would be moving out there from Canada so Im just trying to do as much research as possible before making such a big decision.

Thanks in advance for any info or advice

-Tyson
Tyson
Registered Member

Return to Teacher Training Discussion