ILA Vietnam - advice please!

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

helenr5

ILA Vietnam - advice please!

Unread post by helenr5 »

Hi I have a couple of things that I'd like any advice on.

Firstly - I'm planning on doing an intensive 4 week CELTA course but can't do this until summer as I'm working and need to save some money up before I can quit my job. After I've done the course I would like to get a job as soon as possible and was wondering how long the process of applying etc usually takes? As in how long should I expect to wait between finishing my course and actually getting on a plane?!

Secondly - I'd really like to go to vietnam and the company ILA Vietnam keeps coming up, has anyone worked with this company and if so, what are they like?

Thanks

Helen
glenji

Re: ILA Vietnam - advice please!

Unread post by glenji »

Hey,

I've worked for the school for a couple of years and think that it is a good school. I've got experience in Taiwan and China and it is a million miles above anything that I experienced there. I did my CELTA course in the UK so don't have firsthand knowledge of the course. CELTA students sometimes observe my class and they seem pretty positive. Anyway, I got talking to some people in the pub the other night who are on the current course and if they agree I can pass on their e-mails. That way you can get some direct feedback. Let me know if you are interested and I'll speak to them at work. Glenji
Chicken

Re: ILA Vietnam - advice please!

Unread post by Chicken »

Glenji>

I too am interested in the course in Vietnam, if you're still in contact with the people in the pub, please pass on my Email - I've PMed it to you.

Cheers!!

:D