Help as new TEFL teacher

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

loobyluck

Help as new TEFL teacher

Unread post by loobyluck »

I am new to TEFL and have recently completed the weekend course and am going to travel in Asia shortly. I will be doing some volunteering and gaining a few weeks (8-10) experiemce but then would like to move on to paid work in Asia. Can anyone recommend where is the best place to start for beginners, any willing helpers out there as I do genuinely want to be a good teacher??

Any help would be great
I am travelling in Asia from May and would like to find my first TEFL job, can anyone provide any support and suggest the best places that i can find my first post?
Peter Easton
Top Contributor

Unread post by Peter Easton »

Asia is a big place but within Asia, China has by far the greatest demand for ESL teachers. China is also the most dynamic country in Asia and is a pretty exciting place to be these days.

The good thing about Asia in general and China in particular is that you can visibly see people's lives improving day by day. China is experiencing its 'Jazz Age' right now and teaching English in China is the biggest educational challenge of the century.
loobyluck

Thank you

Unread post by loobyluck »

Are there any particular schools and/or contacts you could recommend for this? It sounds very exciting and I would be glad of any advice
I am travelling in Asia from May and would like to find my first TEFL job, can anyone provide any support and suggest the best places that i can find my first post?