Looking for a good TEFL course

Discussion about courses, qualifications and teacher training. Please do not advertise TEFL courses here.

Moderator: Susan

Looking for a good TEFL course

Unread postby dreichelt » 06 Jul 2014, 02:23

Hi my name is David and this is my first post here. I am interested in taking TEFL training but there are many options online to choose from and I really can't discern the difference in quality. I was hoping someone could answer some questions I have.

Just a quick bio, I have no formal teaching experience. However, while I served as a combat medic in the U.S. Army, I did teach classes to other soldiers having to do with CPR, IV's, and combat related injuries. I also have three years public speaking experience from being in Toastmasters International. I also have performed as a close up magician for eight years, and I have my BA in Theatre. I mention all of that because these skills have made me very comfortable around all types of people and crowds which I think will be of great benefit to me in this area. Anyway, that's enough of my background. Here are my questions:

1. What accreditation should I be looking for in regards to training?
2. It's my understanding that most schools around the world require 6-20 hours of live practicum. How do online courses deal with this?
3. Where in the world will I be able to teach with certain certificates gained from a given program?
4. Is it true that one can get the best jobs if trained by TESL Canada, CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL or equivalent certification programs?

Thanks a lot!
dreichelt
Registered Member

Re: Looking for a good TEFL course

Unread postby RoseWoo » 24 Jul 2014, 02:53

Hi David

I am looking for ESL teacher who are native speaker .
The work location is Beijing of China .

Working here you could also get a tefl certificate.

Contact me if you want to discuss for further . :D

Cheers,
Rose

roseoden@163.com
RoseWoo
Registered Member

Return to Teacher Training Discussion